What do I do now?
- Resist from watching or listening to talking head rants.
- Refrain from responding to or repeating social media rants, sarcastic comments and cartoons.
- Abstain from posting your own rants, sarcastic comments and cartoons that violate Matthew 5:21-22.
- Pray for our leaders whether we voted for them, intend to vote for them or not.
- Wear the label, “Follower of Jesus” above any other label.
21 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ 22 But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother[a] will be liable to judgment; whoever insults[b] his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell[c] of fire. Matthew 5:21 -22
I was once told that some Democrats think Republicans are evil, and Republicans figure Democrats are just wrong. This year, everybody is being called everything in the dictionary.
In fact, when the earth is just dust and memories, we will be most aware of how we treated others, and not how we voted. I have political opinions, and concerns about the election, but hope that reconciliation will happen in America. Based upon the actions and reputations of the candidates, that reconciliation make take a while. Like, four and a half years, minimum?